A female hair transplant is a popular procedure for tackling hair loss. Thanks to its rapid recovery rates and natural looking results, hair transplants for women have become increasingly popular. The process utilises the same industry leading FUE hair transplant technique that is used for men, women and for facial hair to regenerate lasting hair growth in areas of concern.
The Process of a Female Hair Transplant
- Hair follicles are extracted from donor regions (an area where hair loss does not occur and there is a dense amount of growth).
- Hair follicles are extracted, and the harvested follicles are grafted.
- The hair follicles are implanted into areas of hair loss in a minimally invasive way, regenerating lasting hair growth in problem areas.
- The process takes between 8 – 10 hours.
- The recovery rate is rapid, leaving you with minimal scarring, natural looking results, and negligible levels of discomfort.
Female Hair Transplant Advantages
A female hair transplant in Turkey is popular amongst our patients due to its advantages over other procedures such as an FUT hair transplant. The nature of the technique comes with significantly fewer risks than alternative treatments and results that are just as effective. Advantages include:
- Minimal pain and discomfort following your procedure.
- Virtually non-existent scarring, giving you a natural looking hair line.
- Improves your confidence with a full head of hair.
- Less downtime, allowing you to get back to normality in no time.
- Ensures natural results with no obvious signs of FUE treatment.
- Minimal risk of complications compared to other surgical procedures.
Why Choose Vera Clinic for a Female Hair Transplant in Turkey?
- Reduced costs on treatment
- High quality standards in patient care and service
- World-class surgeons performing the best female hair transplants in Turkey
- Accommodation arranged along with onward travel
- Central Istanbul location
- Aftercare included
Procedure Time – 8 – 10 hours
Anaesthetic – Local anaesthetic
Recovery Time – Minimal downtime
Accommodation & Transfer – Included
Aftercare & Recovery: Female Hair Transplants in Turkey
- Following your treatment, the recovery time is minimal, meaning no impact on your normal life.
- You may experience a slight swelling or soreness in the areas which have been operated on. This is normal and should fade out within a few days.
- We provide each patient with our aftercare kit to helping with healing, containing information on how to manage the transplanted hairs and eliminate scarring.
- Your personal aftercare kit will include shampoos, creams, antibacterial serums and painkillers, designed to be gentle on the scalp, encouraging quicker healing.
- You should expect to see shedding of transplanted hairs within 3 – 4 weeks, with regrowth within a couple of months.
- Optimal results are visible within a year, but you should notice significant changes in hair growth at around 4 – 6 months following the procedure.
Eligibility for a Hair Transplant for Women
A female hair transplant in Turkey is not for everyone; we ensure that we only work with patients who are going to achieve effective results. Following your consultation, the surgeon and technicians will decide on the final decision based on the following factors:
Cause of Hair Loss
Those with certain conditions are eligible for a hair transplant in Turkey. These include:
- Androgenic alopecia
- Traction alopecia
- Alopecia marginalis
- Trauma hair loss (scarring/burning)
Donor Hair Density
- Since a hair transplant for women requires hair to be extracted from a donor site on the scalp, it is necessary to have a section dense in hair.
- This section will be used to transfer hair follicles to the problem areas.
Female Hair Transplant Frequently Asked Questions
What causes female hair loss?
Hair loss in women is relatively common, with the reasons for what causes female hair loss depending on genetics and lifestyle. Female hair loss causes can include forms of alopecia, hereditary conditions and hormonal imbalances. Discussing hair loss in woman with your doctor or the team at Vera Clinic can help establish the underlying female hair loss causes and whether a female hair transplant in Turkey is suitable.
How can I tackle hair thinning at temples for females?
Female hair loss at the frontal hairline is normally where hair loss starts to become an issue for woman, affecting their confidence and noticing the reduction in hair. Hair thinning at temples for females is a common reason for women looking into hair surgery for women; undergoing a hairline transplant for women to achieve the desired hairline and reduce female hair loss at the frontal hairline.
Is hair surgery for woman appropriate for menopause hair loss?
Hair loss in women is particularly normal throughout the menopause. The change in hormones can lead to an increase in menopause hair loss, being one of the first side effects that women notice. A hairline transplant for women can help restore the hair in areas where it is thinning for a long-lasting solution.