Getting a gastric sleeve in Turkey is a great option to assist with weight loss. From Hair Transplants to Dental Aesthetics, we can help you reclaim confidence in the way that you look, as well as allowing you to feel just as good.
- Over the past decade, the number of gastric sleeve surgeries in Turkey continues to increase every year.
- The gastric sleeve cost in Turkey is much lower than in other parts of the world.
- As with all cosmetic surgery procedures at Vera Clinic, it is undertaken by the most highly trained specialists with years of experience.
See the gastric sleeve in Turkey reviews to see for yourself just what a profound, life changing impact this surgery can have. The gastric sleeve cost in Turkey is the lowest you will find internationally, making it an extremely affordable option for your medical and cosmetic needs.
Advantages of A Gastric Sleeve In Istanbul
- Improved quality of life: look and feel better with the help of a gastric sleeve in Turkey.
- Desire to eat decreases and reduction in excessive hunger.
- Excess weight loss of around 60 – 70% within just one year after gastric sleeve surgery in Istanbul.
- Remission or improvement of obesity related health conditions such as diabetes mellitus type II, hypertension, sleep apnoea, fatty liver disease, joint pain, and hyperlipidaemia.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Details
Procedure Time – 1-3 hours
Anaesthetic – General
Recovery Time – 1 month
Accommodation & Transfer – 7 days
Gastric Sleeve Surgery In Turkey: The Procedure
Before you receive gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey, you will meet with one of our world class surgeons for a thorough assessment before the operation. Significant changes to your diet are essential prior to your gastric sleeve in Turkey, and it is essential you maintain this discipline following the surgery for the best possible results.
- The procedure usually lasts about an hour, but it can take as long as 3 hours.
- You will be put under general anaesthetic for your gastric sleeve in Turkey, meaning you will not be conscious for the procedure, ensuring as much comfort for you as possible.
- The procedure is carried out laparoscopically (through an instrument inserted into the abdomen via keyhole surgery).
- Your surgeon at Vera Clinic will make a few small incisions on your belly, inserting the laparoscope to visually monitor the gastric sleeve surgery here in Istanbul.
- Following this, another medical instrument will be inserted, in order to remove 70% – 80% of the stomach.
- Finally, they’ll reattach the rest of your stomach to form a tube, or as the name of the surgery suggests, a sleeve.
How Does A Gastric Sleeve Surgery In Turkey Work?
As well as the financial benefits, with the gastric sleeve cost in Turkey being the lowest you will find internationally, there are multi-faceted advantages you can enjoy, with many agreeing that getting a gastric sleeve in Istanbul is a life changing experience.
- A gastric sleeve in Turkey works by reducing the volume of the stomach, causing people to feel full at a much faster rate.
- You will also experience hormonal changes from this surgery, which reduces the over inflated sensation of hunger, as well as experiencing increased stomach motility, allowing food to pass the stomach and intestine at a quicker rate.
- The first gastric sleeve surgery in its modern-day form was performed in the year 2000, so it’s a tried and tested form of weight loss surgery that we are certain of the safety of.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery In Istanbul: Recovery and Results
- Following your gastric sleeve in Turkey, Istanbul, you should be discharged from the hospital within 1 – 2 nights.
- You will be encouraged to walk as early as 3-4 hours following surgery, and the pain should not be too severe, and extremely manageable.
- We will prescribe you with the appropriate pain medication, but often patients state they need to take less pain medication than the prescribed amount.
- You should be back to work within 2 – 4 weeks, although fatigue is not uncommon within the first 2 weeks, due to the low-calorie intake and liquid diet.
- Your energy levels will improve quickly after the introduction of the soft diet.
- You may resume all normal daily activities, including exercise, 4 weeks after your gastric sleeve surgery in Istanbul.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery In Turkey – FAQs
What Is Cost of Gastric Sleeve Surgery In Turkey?
The gastric sleeve cost in Turkey is considerably lower than elsewhere in the world. This is due to a combination of factors, including subsidies by the Turkish government, lower wages, and a cheaper overall price for medication in Turkey. On average, the gastric sleeve cost in Turkey is around the $13,000 mark, but for an exact quotation, it is best to book in with one of our specialists for a thorough consultation prior to your gastric sleeve here in Istanbul.
What Are The Differences Between Gastric Bypass vs Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
A gastric bypass or gastric sleeve in Turkey are both viable options for weight loss, with an incredibly high success rate.
- A gastric bypass is a somewhat more complex procedure, requiring two joins in the stomach.
- The nature of the bypass procedure also means patients experience absorption issues and need to take supplements for the rest of their lives to make sure they absorb enough nutrients.
- A gastric sleeve in Turkey gets around these potential issues by stapling off a certain amount of the stomach, removing the excess, and turning it into a sleeve. Both procedures are similar in a respect, as there will be restrictions in regard to how much a patient will be able to eat to follow appreciate the full effects after the surgery, and certain supplements will have to be consumed.
- A gastric sleeve in Turkey has a 70% success rate, making it an extremely viable weight loss option.
Diet: What To Eat After Gastric Sleeve Surgery In Turkey?
Following your gastric sleeve in Istanbul, you will need to be especially disciplined when it comes to your dietary requirements.
- On the first day following your gastric sleeve surgery in Istanbul, you will only be allowed to consume clear liquids. In some cases, you will be allowed to drink water just hours after surgery.
- On day 2 through to day 14 following your gastric sleeve in Turkey, you must adhere to a full liquid diet, inclusive of protein shakes, yogurt, broth, milk, and juice.
- You may begin eating soft food from week 3 through to week 5 following your surgery and following this you are encouraged to eat a small amount of food throughout your day, but much more frequently than 3 meals a day.
- All patients must take multi-vitamins and B complex after gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey to assist with recovery.
For advice and a quote depending on your specific needs, contact us today so you can book the best gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey, Istanbul, as soon as possible. For more information, please visit our Blog Page, where we have more details regarding the gastric sleeve cost in Turkey, as well as information on all other procedures.