Did you know that more than 85% of men experience thinning hair by the age of 50? Plus, other 50% of women will also experience hair loss over their lifetime, so it is a more common problem than most people tend to realise. This is why, at Vera Clinic, we are proud to offer our clients effective DHI hair transplants in Turkey at our state-of-the-art clinic. As you may be aware, there are several efficient options to treat hair loss, but DHI is an evolution of the standard technique used during a hair transplant in Turkey, offering full and dense results.
What is a DHI Transplant?
If you are considering undergoing a hair transplant treatment, then you may want to consider DHI hair transplants in Turkey, but you first must understand exactly what it is. Let’s start with the basics. DHI stands for direct hair implantation. But what does this mean exactly?
When it comes to hair transplant surgery, the two most common options are follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE). A DHI hair transplant is a modification of the FUE technique, which sees a surgeon removing follicles directly from the scalp to transplant in balding or thinning areas. In an FUE procedure, a surgeon will manually cut channels in your scalp before implanting hair follicles. However, in a DHI hair transplant, a specialized pen-shaped tool is used to do both of these at the same time, making it a much more efficient procedure.
What Pens Are Used in a DHI Hair Transplant?
The pens that are used for direct hair implantation in Turkey are hollow and have a spring-loaded mechanism that pushes the tip when pressed. It then pierces the skin and leaves the graft inside. These special pens were first developed for fine hair and pens for thicker hair were introduced to the market later down the line.
As direct hair implantation Turkey is the most preferred method of hair transplant today, Vera Clinic is known to be one of the best DHI clinics in Turkey. DHI hair transplant can be divided into two main phases extraction and implantation. The process includes FUE or FUT extraction techniques to harvest the grafts and then transplant them using the implanter pen. This pen technique is used to place the grafts one by one and press.
DHI hair transplants in Turkey require more people to work in the surgical team than other hair transplant techniques and the procedure lasts longer. However, the advantages of this procedure involve a more natural-looking result.
Benefits of a DHI Hair Transplant
Because of the innovative way that the DHI hair transplant in Turkey is carried out, there are many benefits to this type of procedure:
- The amount of time the grafts spend outside of the body is greatly reduced due to the pen that’s used, this means there are greater survival rates for the transplanted hair follicles
- There is a significantly lower risk of bleeding on the recipient site
- You should expect a faster recovery from the procedure and you can resume normal activities sooner than other types of hair transplants
- The grafts experience less trauma during this procedure compared to others which leads to healthier final results
There is no need to shave your head in preparation for this procedure meaning you can feel confident for longer. This means this procedure is the perfect choice for patients with longer hair
The DHI Procedure
As DHI hair transplants in Turkey are modified versions of the FUE treatment, they follow a similar procedure. A simple version of the procedure entails your surgeon removing hair follicles from an area of your scalp where there is healthy hair growth, usually the back of your head, and then implanting these into balding areas. These healthy hair follicles will eventually grow new hairs, giving you a fuller head of hair.
Here is a breakdown of what you can expect from the best DHI clinic in Turkey:
- The surgeon will shave the head and apply local anaesthesia to numb the area
- Next, using a special tool with a fine tip, the surgeon will extract hair follicles from the back of your head
- The healthy hair follicles will be loaded into a ‘pen-shaped’ tool and directly implanted into the balding area of your scalp
- Once this is complete, antibiotic cream and bandages are applied to all sites for optimal recovery
Who Is Eligible For a DHI Hair Transplant In Turkey?
A DHI hair transplant in Turkey can be applied to anyone who wants to have a hair transplant. This type of hair transplant is great for those who want the benefits of a hair transplant without having to shave first. Shaving your head for a hair transplant can be a traumatic experience as many see their hair as a reflection of their identity. It’s also easier to conceal the hair transplant for those who work in representative roles as a shaved head would make this obvious.
Direct hair implantation in Turkey is suitable for most people as long as you don’t have a health problem that may prevent the hair transplant procedure. Suitable candidates include those who:
- Have a hair loss problem
- Are second-time patients who have previously had a hair transplant
- Want to have hair, beard, moustache or eyebrow transplant
- Don’t want to shave before their transplant
- Need frontline hair transplant.
How To Prepare For Your DHI Hair Transplant In Turkey
When you have booked your DHI hair transplant in Turkey, you will have a team of advisors, nurses and your surgeon to support you throughout the journey and the time after. However, you must take several steps to ensure your surgery goes as smoothly as possible and your results are everything you imagined. Vera Clinic is one of the best DHI clinics in Turkey and we will be there with you every step of the way to provide you with the best advice.
- 3 weeks before surgery, you must give your surgeon your full medical history including any medications you currently or have previously been prescribed. You must also quit smoking at least 3 weeks before (including e-cigarettes) as tobacco can boost the chances of post-surgery risks and can also delay the recovery period.
- 1 week before surgery, you must avoid drinking herbal tea and stop taking any form of herbal supplement. Any blood-thinning medicine that you are currently taking (such as aspirin or ibuprofen) must also stop at this time. Painkillers that don’t include paracetamol are also prohibited and you should inform your surgeon if this is a necessity.
- The night before surgery and the morning of surgery, patients should avoid eating or drinking anything in the 8 hours leading up to surgery. You must also take a shower the day before or the morning of your surgery. Your hair and scalp should be washed and cleaned and you must avoid any hair styling products such as hairspray, hair gel, mousse etc. It’s also important to wear clothing that can be easily removed from your head such as a wide neck t-shirt or a button-down top.
DHI Hair Transplant Recovery
After your DHI hair transplant, it’s important that you pay attention to the aftercare instructions set out by your surgeon. This may include:
- The first hair wash should be carried out 36 hours later (or as directed by the doctor). This is generally done at the clinic
- To prevent swelling of the area, sleep at a 15 degree angle
- After your first hair washing day, daily hair washing must be done as directed by the doctor. After washing your hair, you should dry using a clean, soft towel without applying any pressure. Do not use a hairdryer, however, if it’s necessary, use the cold setting
- You will notice scabbing on your scalp around your transplanted area. This should go away within 15 days, however, please get in touch with us if they persist following this time frame
- Protect your hair from direct sunlight, sea water and pool water for the first 2 to 4 weeks
- Avoid any external pressures and impacts on your scalp
- If you are prescribed any medicines following your procedure by your surgeon, ensure these are taken on time and as prescribed
DHI Hair Transplant Turkey Price
The DHI hair transplant in Turkey prices is generally cheaper than in the UK, even including your flights and accommodation! However, the specific price that you will pay will be decided in your consultation and can be affected by a range of different things including the number of grafts required. One of the most important factors when it comes to the DHI hair transplant Turkey cost is how many hair follicles need to be transplanted. This is due to the number of grafts affecting the length of the procedure which will therefore affect the price.
A DHI hair transplant in Turkey is cheaper than in many other places around the world, including the UK, as Turkey supports the domestic manufacturing of any goods and products over importing. Because of this, it eliminates any shipping, logistics and customs costs from the final price.
For advice and a quote, dependent on your specific needs, contact us today and one of our experts will get back to you as quickly as possible. Additionally, please visit our Blog Page, where we have more details regarding DHI hair transplant Turkey price as well as information regarding all our other cosmetic and medical procedures we have to offer.
DHI Hair Transplant in Turkey FAQs
Will I experience pain after my direct hair implantation in Turkey?
DHI hair transplants in Turkey are a painless operation if done in our conditions. As one of the best DHI clinics in Turkey, our experienced team will carry out your DHI hair transplant without any time limitations to ensure you get the best, pain-free experience possible.
How long does a DHI hair transplant take?
Direct hair implantation in Turkey may take around 6 to 8 hours to complete and involves different steps. This time is also dependent on the technique and the number of grafts needed. This type of surgery is usually performed as a day surgery and the next day, the washing process is carried out. Therefore, allow 2 to 3 days for your surgery.
Will my transplanted hair fall out?
Shedding occurs around 3 weeks to 1 month after your DHI hair transplant. It’s important to note that it is only the hair that falls out, not the follicle. Hair shedding during this period is extremely normal and you shouldn’t worry about it as the follicular units are still intact. After around 3 months, your hair should grow and you should expect to see your full results within the year.
How long does it take for complete recovery following a DHI transplant in Turkey?
You will experience scabbing for the first 15 days after your surgery, however, these should go within this time frame. After the first month, you might endure the shedding process and then after the third month, your hair will grow and after the first year, you should have your final result.
What’s the difference between DHI hair transplants and FUE hair transplants?
DHI and FUE are common hair transplant methods and both have their different advantages. They differ due to the way the grafts are implanted in the recipient area, for example, during FUE hair transplants, the channels must be opened before implantation so that the surgeon can manually implant the grafts. However, DHI uses a special tool that is performed immediately after extraction eliminating the need to create channels first.
Is a DHI hair transplant in Turkey permanent?
DHI hair transplants are an extremely effective treatment for people looking for natural looking hair. After the surgery and the initial shedding process, the hair that grows back should be permanent and look healthy and natural.