Did you know that more than 85% of men experience thinning hair by the age of 50? Plus, other 50% of women will also experience hair loss over their lifetime, so it is a more common problem than most people tend to realise. This is why, at Vera Clinic, we are proud to offer our clients effective DHI hair transplants in Turkey at our state-of-the-art clinic. As you may be aware, there are several efficient options to treat hair loss, but DHI is an evolution of the standard technique used during a hair transplant in Turkey, offering full and dense results.
What is a DHI Transplant?
If you are considering undergoing a hair transplant treatment, then you may want to consider DHI hair transplants in Turkey, but you first must understand exactly what it is. Let’s start with the basics, like that DHI stands for direct hair implantation. But what does this mean exactly?
When it comes to hair transplant surgery, the two most common options are follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE). A DHI hair transplant is a modification of the FUE technique, which sees a surgeon removing follicles directly from the scalp to transplant in balding or thinning areas. In a FUE procedure, a surgeon will manually cut channels in your scalp before implanting hair follicles. However, in a DHI hair transplant, a specialized pen-shaped tool is used do both of these at the same time, making it a much more efficient procedure.
The DHI Procedure
As DHI hair transplants in Turkey are modified versions of the FUE treatment, they follow a similar procedure. A simple version of the procedure entails your surgeon removing hair follicles from an area of your scalp where there is healthy hair growth, usually the back of your head, and then implant these into balding areas. These healthy hair follicles will eventually grow new hairs, giving you a fuller head of hair.
Here is a breakdown of what you can expect from the best DHI clinic in Turkey:
- The surgeon will shave the head and apply local anaesthesia to numb the area.
- Next, using a special tool with a fine tip, the surgeon will extract hair follicles from the back of your head.
- The healthy hair follicles will be loaded into a ‘pen-shaped’ tool and directly implanted into the balding area of your scalp.
- Once this is complete, antibiotic cream and bandages are applied to all sites for optimal recovery.
DHI Hair Transplant in Turkey FAQs
Who is Eligible for a DHI Hair Transplant in Turkey?
DHI procedures are most popular among those suffering with male or female pattern baldness, and people suffering with any type of hair loss are excellent candidates for this procedure. However, other than this there are a few characteristics which ensure a patient is most suitable to undergo a direct hair implementation procedure, these include:
- Age: You should only consider a direct hair implantation in Turkey if you are over the age of 25. Hair loss experienced before this age is more unpredictable and often not a permanent issue.
- Hair Diameter: You will be more suitable for DHI treatment if your have thicker hair. People with thicker hair usually achieve better results than people with thinner hair, as the thicker hair gives each hair follicle more coverage.
- Donor Hair Density: You should only consider undergoing direct hair implantation in Turkey if you have a hair density of at least 40 follicles per square centimetre at their donor site. If you do not have this, you may be considered a poor candidate for DHI.
- Hair Colour: Although it may seem obvious, those with darker hair will expect to see better and more noticeable results after DHI treatment, so if you have fair hair you should not always expect the same outcome.
- Expectations: As long as your expectations are realistic following direct hair implantation in Turkey, you will be pleased with the results. However, if you are expecting an immediate and dramatic change, you may be disappointed and should not consider a DHI procedure.
Are There any Risks of Direct Hair Implantation in Turkey?
As with any hair transplant procedure, there is rarely cause complications and DHI is a relatively safe treatment. However, DHI procedures are less invasive as they do not require a surgeon to cut a large strip of skin from the scalp. Despite this, like with any operation, there are a few risks which you should consider before going ahead with a direct hair implantation in Turkey.
Risks of direct hair implantation in Turkey include:
- Negative Reaction to Anaesthesia: During DHI treatment, local anaesthesia is applied to your scalp to numb it. Although anaesthesia is generally safe, it may cause negative reactions in some people. However, an overwhelming majority of reactions are related to fear or anxiety and not a topical sensitivity to the anaesthesia.
- Infection: With any operation, it is possible tod develop an infection, and this may occur either at the donor site or at the area where hair follicles are implanted. However, serious infections are rare and occur in less than 1% of DHI hair implantation surgeries.
- Shock Hair Loss: Shock hair loss can occur within 2 months of surgery, and this refers to a temporary hair loss at the site of the hair transplant. A full recovery is almost always made in 3 to 4 months.
How Much Does a DHI Hair Transplant in Turkey Cost?
If you’re interested in proceeding with a direct hair implantation in Turkey, but are not sure of the price, then why not get in touch with our expert team today? Our friendly team are on hand to offer expert advice and a free consultation on the DHI procedure, as well as provide a personalised quotation on DHI hair transplants in Turkey.