Hair transplant aftercare is highly important following your hair transplant in Turkey. Whether it is aftercare for a FUE hair transplant, an afro hair transplant, a beard transplant or any of our other hair transplant procedures, ensuring that you take the right steps to protect your hair and scalp following a procedure is essential.
Aftercare For a FUE Hair Transplant
Following your procedure, various hair transplant aftercare products are essential in order to protect yourself and keep your new hair in the best possible condition. Hair transplant aftercare products include hair strengthening products such as:
- TABLET HAAREX: Vitamins and nutritional supplements. Taking these hair transplant aftercare products twice daily (morning and night) one week after surgery will assist with hair regrowth and recovery.
- SPRAY HAAREX: A hair transplant aftercare spray to be used after 25 days after surgery. Once you have washed your hair, spray 3 times in the morning and 3 times at night on the recipient, massaging lightly. Leave this hair transplant aftercare product on scalp for a minimum of 4 hours before washing off.
- HAAREX SHAMPOO OR GF SHAMPOO: A medical hair transplant aftercare shampoo. Start regularly using this once every 2 days, from 15 days after surgery.
- GF SERUM: Start applying this nurturing serum 12 days after surgery. Place 2 ml of the serum on the recipient site with a slight massage after a shower. Use at night and once per day.
- 5% MINOXIDIL: Apply this 30 days after surgery, using it on the affected site twice daily.
- PROSCAR 5mg: Use 1/4 pill every 24 hours after a meal from 20 days after surgery onwards for thorough aftercare of a hair transplant.
Please bear in mind when using any of these hair transplant aftercare products that you must carefully follow all directions within the packaging of each. By adhering to all hair transplant aftercare instructions, you will get the most out of your procedure from our state-of-the-art clinic.
Aftercare of a Hair Transplant: Washing Instructions
When washing with hair transplant aftercare shampoo, there are various stages you must adhere to for thorough aftercare following a hair transplant.
- Apply the gel to your palm, rubbing it into the recipient area. Leave this for 20-30 minutes before rinsing the gel with lukewarm water.
- Pour hair transplant aftercare shampoo on your palm and then gently place on the donor site, repeat for the recipient site.
- Gently massage the entire scalp in a circular motion with your fingertips, abstain from using fingernails. Rinse the entire scalp with lukewarm water of low pressure.
- Repeat the indicated protocol once daily for the first 10 days after surgery. On the 11th day, you must rub the scalp lightly to remove scabs and flakes from the scalp.
This should occur one day after your procedure for the best aftercare results for a FUE hair transplant. It is worth noting that some bleeding may occur up to a few days following the procedure. Avoid disrupting the bleeding region, but you may clean the surrounding area. If the bleeding continues, please contact your doctor. In the first 3 days, a few grafts may occasionally be knocked or combed out. This is very uncommon, and it is rare to lose more than a few hair roots this way.
Hair Transplant Aftercare Medication
You may experience some pain in the days that follow your procedure at Vera Clinic, with the following symptoms evident over the specified periods of time:
- Day 3: Swelling.
- Day 10: Scabs will develop.
- Day 15: The affected area will have healed.
- Days 30 – 45: Shedding of transplanted hair.
- 3 Months: Growth of transplanted hair.
- 6 Months: 50%-60% growth of transplanted hair.
- 18 Months: Final result will be evident.
During this time, the following medication may be prescribed to you:
- Arveles 25 mg (Painkiller): One tablet twice a day must be taken straight after a meal, one in the morning and one in the evening when needed.
- Amoklavin-Bid 1000mg (Antibiotic): One tablet twice a day must be taken straight after a meal, one in the morning and one in the evening for 5 days.
- Prednol 16mg (Swelling reducer): Two tablets at once must be taken straight after a meal, on the first and second day. Take one tablet straight after a meal on the third and fourth day.
For advice and a quote, dependent on your specific needs regarding hair transplant aftercare, contact us today and one our experts will get back to you as quickly as possible.