Gastric bypass surgery in Turkey is a procedure that assists with weight loss for those that have tried everything else. Gastric bypass surgery helps you to lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine handle the food you eat. Compared to other countries, the gastric bypass surgery cost in Turkey is considerably lower than elsewhere in the world. This helps our patients to save money while feeling the benefits of our world-class procedures here at Vera Clinic, helping shape the body you want and boost self-confidence.
- This alteration in the size of your stomach will reduce hunger and allow you to control and ultimately reduce your intake of food.
- The procedure is performed under general anaesthetic and involves surgical cuts into your belly to allow access to the stomach. This is then divided into two parts, a larger and smaller section, where the bypass is performed to control where food intake travels to.
- Once the bypass is completed, the surgical cuts will be sealed, and you can expect downtime and recovery for a few weeks and months until optimal results are reached.
Advantages of Gastric Bypass Surgery in Turkey
- Reduce the size of the stomach to decrease hunger
- Help lose excess weight
- Reduction in health risks associated with obesity
- Improved quality of life
- Increase body confidence
Why Vera Clinic?
- World-class medical facilities in a modern clinic
- Leading surgeons and expert medical team
- Expert aftercare post-surgery
- Price includes onward travel and accommodation
- High-quality working standards and patient care
Gastric Bypass Surgery Details
Procedure Time – 1.5 – 2 Hours
Anaesthetic – General
Recovery Time – 6 months – final result in 1 year
Accommodation & Transfer – 7-10 days
How Does Gastric Bypass Surgery In Turkey Work?
Quite simply, after your successful gastric bypass in Istanbul, your stomach will be much smaller than before. This means you will feel full after eating less food, and this will help you keep off excess weight, without having to feel hungry. Following the procedure, any food eaten will no longer go into some parts of your stomach and small intestine that absorbs food. Because of this, your body will not get all the calories from the food you eat like before.
- You will be given general anaesthesia, rendering you unconscious, before your gastric bypass in Turkey starts. This allows the gastric bypass surgery to commence in a comfortable, pain-free manner.
- The surgeon will then mark and make 4 to 6 small incisions in your belly, before a laparoscope is inserted, followed by a camera that is connected to a video monitor in the operating room. This allows the surgeon to view inside your belly while gastric bypass surgery occurs.
From here, there are two steps to your gastric bypass that will make it successful:
Gastric Bypass: Stage 1
- The first step of your gastric bypass surgery here in Istanbul is to make your stomach smaller.
- Our surgeon will use staples, dividing your stomach into a smaller upper section and larger bottom section.
- The top section, referred to as the pouch, is where the food you eat will go, with a spatial capacity of around 1 oz, or 28 grams.
- Due to this, you will be able to eat less and ultimately lose weight.
Gastric Bypass: Stage 2
- The second stage is the bypass itself.
- Your surgeon will attach a small area of your intestine, known as the jejunum, to a small hole in your pouch.
- This allows the food you eat to travel from the pouch, into a new opening to your small intestine.
- This allows your body to absorb fewer calories.
Reasons For Getting Gastric Bypass Surgery In Turkey
Along with the gastric bypass surgery cost in Turkey being exceptionally lower than other areas of the world, it also has many health-based benefits. Gastric bypass surgery in Turkey is performed to help you lose excess weight and reduce your risk of potentially life-threatening, weight-related health problems that include:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Type 2 diabetes
Suitability for Gastric Bypass Surgery in Turkey
- We would usually only recommend gastric bypass surgery after you have tried to improve your diet, exercise habits and general wellbeing first.
- Generally, we admit individuals for gastric bypass surgery here in Istanbul only if your body mass index (BMI) is 40 or higher, which is known as extreme obesity, or if it is 35 to 39.9, known as obesity. Obesity is often partnered with serious weight-related health problems, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure or severe sleep apnoea.
- Once the surgery is complete, patients are provided with an aftercare plan to help aid their recovery and achieve maximum results in the long term.
- You can expect to feel soreness, bruising and swelling in the areas where surgery was performed. You will be provided with pain medication to help with any discomfort being experienced.
- You will be monitored during your hospital stay and our medical team will ensure post-surgery there are no complications.
- Patients are provided with a liquid diet during their stay and provided with full details of what to avoid eating and drinking once discharged.
For advice and a quote depending on your specific needs, contact us today so you can book the best gastric bypass surgery in Turkey, as soon as possible. For more information, please visit our Blog Page, where we have more details regarding the gastric bypass surgery cost in Turkey, as well as information on all other procedures.