Whether you have a naturally high forehead or have noticed signs of a receding hairline that you want to address, at Vera Clinic we can help you with expert hairline surgery at our specialist hairline clinic in Turkey.
Our treatment options can help you resolve any concerns you may have with hair loss and specifically a receding hairline, helping you to restore a full head of hair and lower your hairline. You can find out everything you need to know about hairline lowering in Turkey and whether this is the ideal treatment for you below. With a special focus on the hairline area, as opposed to hair transplants in Turkey that are more suitable for those with patches of hair loss or thinning across the crown, you can find the specialised help you need through us.
Book a consultation today and discover whether a hair transplant for hairline thinning is suitable for your needs. We’ll discuss the results you want to achieve and arrange hairline surgery as soon as possible, restoring your hair confidence.
What is Hairline Lowering in Turkey?
Hairline lowering surgery is a cosmetic procedure that is used to reduce the height of your forehead or reduce the appearance of a receding hairline. Also known as forehead reduction surgery or a hairline transplant, at our hairline clinic in Turkey we focus on the aspect of correcting your hairline for a fuller head of hair and balancing the proportions of your face. This can work in tandem with our renowned hair transplants if you have multiple concerns with your hair. As a form of cosmetic surgery, we can help you create the hairline you’ve always wanted and transform the look of your hair with desired results.
Advantages of Hairline Surgery
- Restore a thinning or receding hairline
- Achieve a youthful, natural-looking hairline
- Restore self-confidence with your hair
- Target just the hairline rather than a full hair transplant
- Long term, permanent results
- Cost-effective hairline transplant price
- Minimal scarring
- Minimal pain and discomfort during surgery
Am I Suitable for Hairline Lowering?
With hairline replacement surgery a popular request for many experiencing hair loss, not everyone will be a suitable candidate and it all depends on having a good scalp laxity. This means that your scalp tissue has the ability to stretch so that we can successfully perform surgery.
If you are someone with a family history of female or male pattern baldness, you may also not be a good candidate for hairline lowering in Turkey. During a consultation, the surgeon will assess your suitability based on your requirements and the results you want. You will need to be in good overall health and have realistic expectations of the expected results too.
Other than these stipulations, you might find yourself being a suitable candidate for hairline lowering surgery if you have experienced any of the following:
- You have a high hairline.
- You have a large forehead and want to shorten this.
- You have thick hair that is disproportionate to the height of your hairline.
- You have low or heavy eyebrows and wish to change the proportions of your face.
- You have already had a hair grafting procedure and wish to increase your hairline.
The Hairline Surgery Procedure
- When undergoing hairline surgery, you can expect to be placed under general anaesthesia. There will also be local anaesthetic used around the forehead in order to reduce any pain and bleeding.
- The actual hairline replacement procedure will begin with a surgical skin marker lining out the area of the forehead to be removed. This is decided with great care to ensure that the cut along the hairline preserves the hair follicles and nerves.
- Next, the entire forehead will be numbed down to the brow, and an incision will be made along the marked area of the forehead and hairline. The skin will be carefully separated from the connective tissue and cut out from the marked area for removal.
- The incision along the hairline is then brought down to join the lower forehead incision, this closes the gap and shortens the forehead, resulting in a lower hairline.
- Finally, the skin is sutured together in a way that minimises any scarring formation. Plus, we will ensure that any minimal scarring is hidden by the hairline upon hair regrowth.
Hairline Lowering in Turkey - Recovery & Aftercare
- With hairline lowering surgery, you can expect a pretty quick recovery period in which you can often return to your accommodation within just a few hours after the hairline replacement.
- You will need to return to the clinic in Turkey a week and a half after the hairline surgery for suture removal. Once complete, you will then be asked to return for check-ups approximately 2 to 4 weeks after hairline surgery.
- As with any surgery which requires an incision, you should be making sure to keep the wound clean and allow it to heal properly.
- Your surgeon and caregivers will ensure you have all the necessary information and advice you need for aftercare. This includes how to properly take care of your new hairline following the procedure.
- You will need to avoid any strenuous exercise or activity after a hairline transplant for approximately 6 weeks until the healing process is complete. You will need to keep your head elevated for the first few days to help reduce any swelling, especially when sleeping.
- The recovery period will vary between individuals depending on the extent of the hairline surgery. Your tailored aftercare programme will be provided with full timescales and helpful information.
If correcting your hairline and reducing your forehead size is something you’ve wanted to resolve for a while, book a consultation so we can assess if this life-changing surgery is suitable for you. We’ll provide a hairline transplant price that is one of the lowest in the world here in Turkey, so you can access first-class surgery and care whilst paying less for treatment than in the UK or US.
We can recommend different procedures depending on what you want to achieve too, including an eyebrow transplant or beard transplant, to help you achieve the facial aesthetic and full head of hair you’ve always wanted. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact us for further information.
Hairline Surgery FAQs
Will hairline surgery affect my eyebrows?
As a hairline transplant will reduce the height of your forehead, the appearance of your eyebrows may be affected. Hairline surgery will not necessarily raise your eyebrows, however, if necessary, a separate surgery called a brow lift can be performed at the same time as the hairline lowering surgery. You can discover more information and advice on eyebrow procedures available at Vera Clinic, as well as use our eyebrow graft calculator to see how many grafts are needed to address thinning eyebrows.
Why should I choose hairline lowering in Turkey?
As Turkey is one of the biggest medical tourism destinations in the world, many people choose Vera Clinic for hairline lowering in Turkey thanks to our expert team and client satisfaction. Treatments in Turkey are often much cheaper than they would be in the UK or US as procedures are often subsidised by the Turkish government. Not only will it change your appearance and help restore self-esteem, but a hairline transplant will also cost you much less overall whilst enjoying your stay in Istanbul. You can book a consultation and receive further information on the hairline transplant price in Turkey you can expect for the results you desire.
How long does hairline surgery take to complete?
The procedure to reduce your hairline should take just a few hours to complete. This will depend on how complex the surgery needs to be for you, so will vary between individuals. You can expect at least 1.5 – 2 hours, but your surgeon will provide a clear timeline during your consultation. Generally, hairline surgery is quicker than undergoing an FUE procedure, where individual hair grafts need to be removed and then transplanted. As the surgery is short, it means you can return to your day much quicker, however you will still need to follow aftercare advice and expect recovery to take at least 6 weeks.
Are there any risks with hairline lowering?
The risks concerning hairline lowering surgery are very minimal and mostly the same risks that you would expect from undergoing any form of surgery. However, it is still important that you are fully informed, and your surgeon will discuss any concerns you may have during your consultation. You may experience:
- Bleeding during or after surgery
- Side effects of general anaesthesia
- Infection of the incision area
- Potential scarring after the incision heals
You should feel minimal discomfort and pain during the procedure, and you will be provided with expert aftercare advice to ensure your recovery is comfortable. As with all types of hair transplants, it is important to follow the aftercare advice correctly as this will minimise the chance of the transplant failing and help you achieve the optimum results you want.
What is the cost of hairline lowering in Turkey?
Every procedure that we offer at Vera Clinic is personal to our clients, meaning that the cost of hairline lowering in Turkey is relative to your individual needs. If you’re looking for more guidance on the hairline transplant price, then don’t hesitate to contact us today. A member of our expert team will be happy to help you with any advice and queries you may have, as well as offer a personalised quotation on the hairline transplant price you can expect. As we provide surgery at much lower costs than elsewhere in the world, you can expect to make larger savings on your treatment package at Vera Clinic than in the US or UK.
Is a hair transplant for hairline issues painful?
Our medical team and surgeons will ensure that any pain or discomfort is kept to a minimum throughout your procedure. As general and local anaesthetic may be used, this will numb the areas where incisions are made and ensure this is as comfortable as possible. Speak to your surgeon during your consultation about any concerns you may have with this, and we will try to accommodate your needs as much as possible. A hair transplant for hairline lowering at Vera Clinic should cause minimum distress, with the initial injection to numb your forehead the most pain you will experience.
Are the results of hairline surgery permanent?
Yes, once your hairline transplant surgery is complete, you should enjoy long term, permanent results as long as you follow aftercare advice and look after your new hairline. Your aftercare programme will contain helpful information to ensure your recovery is quick and that you can enjoy your new hairline with minimal fuss. This will ensure you can achieve the expected results over the next few months and not require any follow-up procedure.
What should I avoid doing after my hairline surgery?
It’s important to follow the advice given by your surgeon to avoid complications post-surgery. This includes avoiding any exercise or activity that is strenuous which may cause the stitching and incisions to open, or any rigorous hair routine. Full details will be provided and include tips on sleeping, hair maintenance and more.
Are there alternatives to having a hairline transplant?
If a hairline transplant in Turkey is not for you, you may be suitable for other procedures we can provide. Our FUE hair transplants are designed to address any issue with hair loss across your scalp whether you suffer from androgenic alopecia or thinning hair in general. This technique is minimally invasive and will avoid having visible scarring which is common with a FUT hair transplant. As well as the hair on your head, we can also address issues with facial hair including a beard transplant or moustache hair transplant. During a consultation with our experts, we can advise the procedures suitable for your requirements.