The goal isn’t to cancel your subscription from the receding hairline club. The desire isn’t merely to pull back the escaping blanket of hair to pass for a two dollar James dean. Most patients are after a thick mane of glorious thatches that will restore their youth, boost their confidence, and spike their attractiveness. Here are some techniques that can provide you with high hair density after hair transplants, as well as some tips to assist you in achieving your vision.
Factors that affect hair density of hair transplants
1- Supply of donor region
- If you’re considering hair transplants, then you would have done enough research to understand the rudiments of the concept.
- The donor region is a defined area of hair that is genetically built with no propensity for hair loss and therefore is an ideal source of follicular units to transplant to balding scalp.
- The donor region is a finite reservoir, and therefore, the potential amount of hair to be transplanted solely depends on the patient’s density of donor regions.
- The thicker the supply, the higher the number of grafts to be relocated is.
- Your surgeon or doctor will evaluate your donor scalp and estimate the average amount of hair grafts that can be extracted without damaging the aesthetics of the donor graft source.
- You can contact the Vera Clinic for a free online consultation for a hair transplant Turkey with a medical specialist who will virtually evaluate the condition of your hair.
- Aftercare is a key factor to the success of the procedure as it encases the pillars of nourishment and support.
- To ensure as many grafts as possible survive, you should abide by the aftercare leaflet and instructions provided by your surgeon.
- Such aftercare tips include, avoiding heat and swimming pools, preventing infection, and much more.
- The following article contains a thorough timeline chart of the chronological order of activity after hair transplants.
- The commitment and dedication you pour in during the first few months of the delicate follicles lifespan, translate directly into the picture-perfect hairs that ooze vitality.
The technique of hair transplants you opt for has a monumental impact on the final results in terms of density, aesthetics, and success alike. The techniques offer transformations with a gradation of satisfaction and side effects and in certain cases a sprinkle of compromising and sacrificing.
♠ Follicular unit transplants (FUT)
- Follicular unit transplants are currently the most archaic technique practiced in the field.
- While FUTs get the job done, relocate the hair, and wipe away the traces of baldness; the protocol is of an invasive redundant nature.
- The excising of an entire strip of skin from the scalp as a means to obtain follicular units, is an approach that requires stitching in the donor region, increases the chances of infection, and induces nerve damage in the treated area.
- FUTs may not have a direct impact on the density of hair after hair transplants, but they certainly deduct quality from the overall experience and add risks that can interfere with the recovery process and by extension the results.
♠ Follicular unit extraction (FUE)
- Follicular unit extraction is a technique the eliminates invasiveness from the process through the direct individual extraction of follicular units.
- Contrary to FUTs, follicular units implement a punch to isolate grafts and create incisions around them, the minimalistic approach makes the process similar to hair picking, where tweezers are Utilized to pull the grafts, one by one, out of their place.
- The scars heal into oblivion, nerve damage is taken out of the equation, and most importantly the risk of infection is significantly decreased, and healing is facilitated.
♠ Sapphire FUE
- Sapphire FUE is a variant of the traditional FUE technique that crafts surgical instruments, particularly incision knives, from sapphire stone.
- The gemstone possesses unique attributes that make instruments crafted from the stone as a foundational element sharper and transparent.
- The two traits combined to give the process of incision making a boost of speed and precision. Grafts can be placed at tighter grids creating a denser look.
♠ DHI Choi
- DHI Choi is a technology that orients around time efficiency more than the final result.
- The grafts are implanted using a pen-like needle that simultaneously creates incisions and immediately loads grafts in the incisions created.
- The concept although cuts time poses higher risks of mechanical trauma on the delicate grafts that can adversely affect their survival and consequently the hair density after hair transplants.
Tips for better hair density after hair transplants
A recent treatment with the brand name OxyCure has become a talking point among the hair transplant community. Unlike alternative adjunct treatments such as PRP therapy and laser hair therapy, the impacts of OxyCure aren’t limited to maintaining the 70% survival rate of grafts, but the treatment operates on environing the contours of the process to push the survival rate to 98% which consequently impacts hair density.
The survival rate of grafts is typically 70-80% as the period before the grafts adapt to their new location and create connections with a direct blood source is marked by adversities. It takes a period of four days for grafts to establish and secure new sources of blood supply. During this four day period, and an estimate of 30% of grafts are doomed to perish. In addition, grafts handled with Hypothermosol solution have a higher survival rate than grafts preserved in saline solution.
What is OxyCure therapy?
OxyCure therapy is a treatment that supplies patients with 100% pure oxygen under hyperbaric conditions to facilitate the body’s ability to take up oxygen. The factors of the treatment allow blood plasma to attain 100% more oxygen than normal. Plasma is the channel through which grafts absorb oxygen in the period preceding revascularization, therefore the oxygen content available in the plasma is a key factor to the success of the procedure.
Contact the Vera Clinic
For further inquiries book a free online consultation with the Vera Clinic.