Hair transplant is growing in popularity and gaining a lot of attention. The Vera Clinic prepared the following comprehensive guide to help you learn about hair transplant Turkey. Everything you need to know about the process you will find below. Form risks, to techniques and alternatives.
Hair Transplant Turkey Statistics
According to the Turkish Health Care Travel Council, 750,000 health tourists visit Turkey annually. That is around 6,500 health tourists who come for hair transplant Turkey monthly. Amounting to 75,000 hair transplant procedures per year. Europeans and Russians account for a great percentage of health tourists. And the numbers are to exponentially grow in the coming years.
What Is A Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is a micro-surgery procedure that restores hair growth after hair loss. The procedure relocates hair from areas of growth to areas of hair loss to reverse balding. The results are permanent and depending on the technique, very natural looking. Because hair transplants have been around since the 1930s, they have been subject to various modifications. As a result, there are numerous methods for hair transplants.
How Does The Procedure Work
All hair transplant techniques follow a similar series of events that includes 7 basic steps. Starting with drawing the hairline, shaving, anesthesia, extraction, sorting, opening channels, and implantation.
All hair transplants begin with hairline design during which nurses will ask you to change into a gown. Your doctor will then use a marking pen with an alcohol-based ink to draw the borders of the hairline. Once you approve of the drawn-on hairline, the procedure begins.
Shaving is not necessary in every hair transplant procedure, it depends on the technique you opt for. But in FUT the surgeon will shave the entire donor strip to prepare it for surgical extraction.
In FUE or variants of this technique such as sapphire FUE and DHI Choi FUE, shaving is not always necessary. Your surgeon will determine this upon clinical scanning. But, it is better to shave the site of the donor region to reduce the risk of infection.
Injecting Local Anesthetic
Hair transplants happen under local anesthesia. Your surgeon will inject the anesthetic on both the donor region and the recipient site. In other words, on the operation sites.
This phase is about extracting the hair from its initial location. Likewise, the process differs between the techniques. Every technique has its own method of graft extraction. For instance, in some, it could be very invasive. Whereas in others it’s more convenient and has fewer scars.
Preserving Follicular Units
After extracting the hairs it is important to store them in the right conditions until using them later. Such an environment is Hypothermosol solution. At the Vera Clinic, and in other accomplished hospitals, sorting of grafts is necessary. Surgeons separate the grafts depending on the number of grafts they contain. For instance, grafts with 1-2 to hairs are more suitable for the hairline. Whereas grafts with more hair are more suitable for the crown. It is small details like this that ensures a natural finish.
Your surgeon will make very tiny holes on your scalp using micro scalpels. These wounds will then host the extracted grafts. Opening channels varies between the techniques.
Implanting Follicular Units
Your surgeon will implant the grafts in the channels on your scalp. Likewise, the technique of implantation varies between the techniques.
Hair Transplant Turkey Techniques
FUE Hair Transplant Turkey
Characteristics of FUE hair transplant technique:
- Uses a 0.8 mm diameter micro-punch to extract hair follicles
- Uses a steel scalpel to open channels in recipient sites
- Individually implants hair follicles in the natural direction of hair growth
Advantages Of FUE Hair Transplant
- No scarring in the donor or recipient sites.
- Not traumatic to the skin
- Permanent natural-looking results.
Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant Turkey
Sapphire FUE is a technique that’s native to hair transplant Turkey. This technique is very recent but took off shortly after its creation. Sapphire FUE uses sapphire stone to make its instruments. Characteristics of Sapphire FUE:
- 0.8 – 1 mm punch to extract hair follicles
- Scalpels made from sapphire to open channels on recipient site
Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant Advantages
- Permanent natural-looking results.
- High-precision process
- Extremely sharp and accurate
- Fast recovery
- High hair density
- No scarring.
- Doesn’t damage neighbor tissue
DHI FUE Hair Transplant Turkey
DHI FUE Hair transplant is very common in hair transplant Turkey. This technique has the following traits:
- Uses a punch with diameters between 0.8 mm to 1 mm to harvest hair follicles.
- Uses an implanter pen to implant hair follicles in bald areas without having to open channels beforehand.
DHI FUE Hair Transplant Advantages
- Permanent natural-looking results.
- No scars.
- Short treatment times.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Hair Transplant In Turkey?
If you are looking to opt for hair transplant Turkey, you must meet the standards set below.
Conditions most likely to affect the decision include the following:
- Have permanent hair loss
- Your hair loss has stabilized
- Free of blood-borne diseases
- No history of poor wound healing
- Good overall health
Cost Of Hair Transplant Turkey
Hair transplant Turkey cost depends on many factors. The most influential would be the technique you choose. For instance, Sapphire FUE and DHI Choi would cost more than traditional FUE. On the other hand, you have the hospital you operate at. The more poor the quality is, the cheaper the results. The safest approach is to consider options within the average price range of hair transplant Turkey. In general, hair transplant in Turkey would be around $2500 to $3500 dollars for high-quality treatments.
How To Choose A Hospital For Hair Transplant In Turkey
The results of a hair transplant depend greatly on the skill and experience of the surgeon. Likewise the hair transplant technique you choose. Even though Turkey practices regulations taking the right measurements is necessary. You must check the credibility of the hospital you want to operate in.
Here are some tips to help you find the reight hospital for hair transplant Turkey.
- Make sure the hair transplant center has its own private hospital building
- Check if hair transplants are performed in surgery rooms
- Checking for accreditation from international medical associations such as JCI or ISHRS is a plus
- Make sure the hospital offers a free consultation session to diagnose your case.
- Check if the surgeons are government certified and have ample experience in the field of hair transplant.
- Check hair transplant before and after pictures
- Read google reviews for the hair transplant hospital. You can check our reviews on Google Business.
- Make sure the hospital offers follow-up services online
- Make sure hospital prices are within the average for hair transplant Turkey. Low prices indicate low standards.
Hair Strengthening Treatments
The following treatments are very common in Turkey after a hair transplant to increase hair growth.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy for hair loss increases growth for the transplanted grafts.
- Shampoos or lotions containing Minoxidil can strengthen the hairs.
- Hair supplements are essential for overall hair strength. Hair vitamin supplements are good during this period to strengthen the hairs.
- OxyCure treatment which is the most recent adjunct treatment saves around 98% of the hair. Whereas traditional treatments save 70%.
Hair Transplant Turkey With Vera Clinic
Vera Clinic has had a dominant presence in hair transplant Turkey hosting over 30,000 patients since its opening. As a leading hospital, we care primarily about our patients and their comfort. We have trained our team to handle all your procedures from arrival until departure.
Hair transplant Turkey with Vera Clinic provides comprehensive services. Everything from handling your travel arrangements to securing luxury accommodation. A personal driver will escort you to all your appointments throughout treatment.
As for the language barrier, at Vera Clinic you’ll find professional interpreters for many languages. French, English, Arabic, Spanish, and more. This way you can ensure that communication with your doctor will take place in a language you can comprehend. You can view our hair transplant before and after pictures and hear stories from our patients.
How To Start Your Journey
Step 1: Free Consultation
Book a free hair transplant consultation session with your hospital. During this session, you will have to send recent pictures of your scalp, hair loss regions, and donor regions. Hair transplant doctors and surgeons will evaluate the pictures to determine if you are eligible for a hair transplant.
Step 2: Flight Arrangements
If it is clear that you’re eligible for a hair transplant, you’ll book an appointment for surgery. We will cover all your travel arrangements. A representative of the hospital and a driver will greet you from the airport. Also, Vera Clinic will secure your accommodation in 5-star hotels. As well as transportation services, and translation services.
Step 3: In-Person Consultation
We will escort you to your in-person consultation. During this session, your doctor will request some blood tests. In addition, the doctor will examine your scalp and medical history to make sure you are suitable for the procedure.
Step 4: The Hair Transplant
If there is time, you can go for surgery after your consultation. Otherwise, it will be scheduled for the following day.
Step 5: Clinical Washing
The following day we will escort you to the hospital again for your clinical washing. During this session, nurses will begin by gently rinsing your scalp and then apply products to remove blood clots very gently.