Dental bridges can be the ideal solution if you currently have gaps between your teeth you’d like to resolve. At Vera Clinic, as experts in cosmetic dentistry, we can provide effective treatment and solutions for many types of dental issues, helping you to have the teeth and smile you’ve always wanted. As well as any gaps, dental bridges can also address any missing teeth you may have, with a consultation able to assess your teeth and recommend the best restorative treatment for you.
You can find out more about dental bridges, including what they are, how much a dental bridge in Turkey will cost, and what to expect from the procedure below. If you already know this is the treatment you want, please contact us today to book a consultation and discuss your requirements further.
What are Dental Bridges?
A dental bridge is a prosthetic or false tooth (pontic) that ‘bridges’ the gap between teeth. These are usually made from porcelain to be able to replicate the look of your natural teeth, and can sometimes consist of a row of 2, 3, or 4 crowns together, depending on your current teeth, jawline, and the size of the gap. Similar to how dental crowns or dental implants can address missing teeth, dental bridges can do the same and can even be attached to any existing dental crowns or implants you may have, as well as your natural teeth.
Dental bridges are usually a permanent solution that is fixed in place, attaching to neighbouring teeth around the gap. This ensures you do not have to remove the dental bridge, unlike if you have dentures fitted, and means it will not move with everyday functions such as eating. If you have healthy teeth around the gap you want to address, an adhesive dental bridge can be applied which attaches to the neighbouring teeth, with the middle crown of a row of 3 filling the gap, making it ideal for any missing tooth as an alternative to an implant.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are different types of dental bridges available that can be offered by dentists depending on the issue you are experiencing.
- Traditional fixed bridges – these are the most common type, with a crown attaching to neighbouring teeth on either side to close the gap. Are used when you have natural teeth on both sides of the gap.
- Cantilever bridges – require the pontic(s) to be anchored by a single crown to address a gap from one missing tooth. Usually, this is for those with only one natural tooth beside the gap, but can be used on dental implants. Best used for canine teeth rather than molars at the back.
- Maryland dental bridges – similar to a traditional bridge, they attach to neighbouring teeth but use metal or porcelain ‘wings’ to attach to the back of the teeth rather than a crown over the top of the teeth.
- Implant-supported bridges – these use dental implants instead of a crown or framework to support the bridge and can provide a stable solution, requiring two surgeries; one to embed the dental implants and the second to fit the bridge.
The type of dental bridge in Turkey you need will depend on where the gap or missing tooth is in your jawline, as well as how well this can be bonded to your existing teeth. During a consultation, you will be fully assessed to decide on the best type of dental bridge to proceed with for the results you need, and which will provide long-lasting durability.
Why Would I Need a Dental Bridge?
If you are missing a tooth/teeth and want to restore your smile to its former glory, the dental bridge Turkey solution can help do this. Many people have anxiety about the aesthetic look of their teeth, and this can affect how people smile and even talk, trying to hide the look of their teeth as much as possible. Due to this and some desiring to achieve a ‘Hollywood Smile’, options like a dental bridge can do wonders for your smile confidence and wellbeing.
Not only that, but there are also plenty of non-aesthetic advantages to having this work carried out, including helping to stop other teeth from movement, making it easier to bite, and maintaining the shape of your face. The results can completely change the way your teeth and smile look, as well as how they function.
Benefits of Dental Bridge Turkey Treatment
- Permanently address gaps in your teeth
- Restore your smile to its previous form
- Increase confidence in the look of your teeth
- Help with the normal function of your teeth when eating/speaking
- Prevent further teeth from movement near gaps
- Lower costs of treatment than in the UK or US
- World-class dental facilities and experienced dentists
What are the Risks with Dental Bridges?
Like any form of cosmetic dentistry, careful consideration should be made before proceeding to ensure dental bridges are the right solution for you. This is why we always carry out a consultation before any work is agreed upon, to ensure you can achieve the results you want. Whilst the risks involved are minor due to this being minimally invasive, here are a few things to be aware of:
- If you damage the teeth after having a dental bridge, this may compromise the bonding and need replacing.
- If dental bridges are not fitted properly, they can leave space for bacteria and plaque to get underneath, causing tooth decay.
- If your natural teeth aren’t strong enough, this may cause the bridge to fail
- Your teeth could become weakened, meaning the possibility of dental implants in future
- Your bite may change and feel different than before
At Vera Clinic, we ensure only the right candidate proceeds with dental bridge Turkey treatment, which is why the consultation process is very important.
How Much Does a Dental Bridge Cost in Turkey?
The costs of dental bridge treatment differ depending on the condition of your teeth and where in the world you are undergoing this, as well as the materials used, and the number of teeth needed to fill gaps. Typically, in the US and UK, you can expect to pay:
- $2,000 – $5,000 per pontic and crown with traditional or cantilever bridges.
- Maryland bridges may cost between $1,500 – $2,500 per pontic with framework
- Implant-supported bridges can cost $5,000 – $15,000 for a dental bridge with two dental implants.
As you can see, the costs can quickly accumulate for this type of treatment depending on the extent of the work needed. The dental bridge in Turkey cost can work out much less than in the UK and US, and during consultation, we can advise how much this would according to your needs and the results you want to achieve.
Dental Bridges in Turkey Procedure – What to Expect
- During consultation, we’ll evaluate your suitability for dental bridges, and this includes your overall oral health and teeth/gum condition.
- If suitable, we can suggest how many dental bridges you will require (if more than one gap in different jaw locations) and also suggest dental implants if required.
- The material for your dental bridge and the type of bridge will be suggested – if you are not sure, we’ll be able to recommend the one that will provide the best results.
- Impressions of your jawline will be taken as well as possible x-rays, to be able to provide a customised bridge
- Once we have your dental bridge, we can arrange to fit and ensure the aesthetics and the bite are correct. We can then cement in the bridge after applying a local anaesthetic injection to reduce any discomfort. The time it takes to perform the procedure will depend on how many bridges are being fitted and may require more than one visit.
To learn more about if dental bridges in Turkey can help you restore your smile and the normal function of your teeth, contact us today and book a consultation. You can either fill in our enquiry form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible, call, email or message us – whichever is most convenient for you.
Dental Bridge Turkey FAQs
How long will a dental bridge last?
This will depend, but with good maintenance and dental hygiene, many years. Some people have kept dental bridges for between 5 – 15 years before needing a replacement. If for any reason the bridge becomes loose or damaged, you will need to arrange a dentist visit to repair or replace. You may want to take care with certain types of food such as hard or chewy candy, nuts that may put strain on your dental bridge, or those high in sugar which may cause tooth decay. You will be provided with aftercare details to help ensure longevity.
Am I suitable for a dental bridge in Turkey?
During a consultation, we will fully assess your suitability for dental bridges in Turkey. Not everyone will be suitable, but you are generally suitable if you are missing one or more permanent teeth, have overall good health with no severe health conditions, strong healthy teeth, and good oral health. Any concerns you may have we’ll discuss them with you. If you aren’t suitable, we may be able to suggest other dental treatments that could help, such as orthodontic treatment.
Does a dental bridge in Turkey cost less than in other countries?
The cost of dental bridge treatment will vary between individuals and which country they have this fitted, but can cost anywhere between $1,000 – $5,000 or more per pontic and crown. The dental bridge cost in Turkey may be much lower for you than in the UK or US, for example, as many forms of cosmetic dentistry, hair transplants and other cosmetic surgery cost less to perform.
Here at Vera Clinic, we are based in Istanbul, Turkey, which attracts medical tourists the world over. We are able to provide first-class treatment from leading dentists and cosmetic surgeons at affordable prices thanks to a lower cost of living and government subsidies, helping us to provide treatments for less.
Are dental bridges easy to clean?
Yes, once fitted you should follow your normal dental hygiene routine to keep your teeth and dental bridge in good condition. As they are not removable, you will need to take care with brushing your teeth properly as you may not be able to floss between the bridge in the same way as before. Regularly visiting your dentist can ensure your teeth are checked and they will be able to suggest types of floss and dental cleaning products that are effective.