Dental Crowns: How to choose the best material

0 68

Crowns are versatile in terms of applications in the dental field. Giving them the ability to treat various oral issues. Despite their simple procedure, most patients are often most worried about choosing the right material for dental crowns. In this article, we will discuss dental crown materials

What are dental crowns

Dental crowns are capsule-like structures that cover damaged teeth. The caps enclose teeth either for aesthetics purposes or protective purposes. In some instances, teeth can be damaged, either due to cavities or exposure to acidic substances. The battle discolored state of the tooth is an inconvenience for many. However, extracting the tooth entirely is not an ideal option. Since the root is available, there is no need to extract it and replace it with a prosthetic. Organic always wins of course, and thereby its sufficient to cover the teeth with dental crowns and securing them. This ensures both a pleasing aesthetic finish and an improved oral health state.

It does not necessarily have to be a treatment, in certain cases, the aim is entirely aesthetic. Whether to straighten teeth or fill gaps, dental crowns are ideal for any case.

Material for dental crowns

Whether the results are natural looking or not depends on the material. Dental are made of a variety of material, from impeccable to mediocre depending on the patients budget. Listed below are materials in order of best to average.

1- Zirconium crowns

Dental crowns made of zirconium simply outshine the rest. The material makes it hard for other crowns to compete on the scene, with special characteristics such as durability, non-reactivity, and strength. In additionZirconia is nonreactive with body fluids, making it ideal for patients with allergies to still opt for dental treatments. In addition, zirconia is by far the strongest material for crowns. It beats both porcelain and ceramic. As a result of its strength, zirconium crowns are resistant to chipping or fracturing.

Particularly for those with metal allergies and teeth grinding habits, zirconium makes for the perfect solution. The material is also the easiest to match with the natural teeth. Moreover, zirconium crowns rank number 1 in comfort compared to other material. Its ability to mimic the natural transmissions of hot and cold temperatures surpasses alternatives.

2- Titanium

Titanium is a metal that is resistant to corrosion and lasts permanently. Given its stable characteristics, it is considered the standard material. However, dentists can enhance on it or blend it with other materials. A popular combination for the root is a titanium base with a 100% pure calcium hydroxide coat. This blends well with the jaw bone.

A cheaper alternative mixture is a root that is 70% titanium with the remaining 30% being a blend of copper and other metals. The latter often corrodes within ten years and requires replacement until then.

In short

Zirconium and titanium are both make for functional dental crowns. With zirconium on the top comes titanium. For cheaper options titanium can be blended with copper, however, the results will not look natural. Blended titanium is most popular in countries like the UK and US where treatments are very expensive. However, many are taking advantages of medical tourism and traveling to countries like Turkey where the treatment is only a fraction of the price.

For further questions on dental crowns, please contact us.



Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Hair transplant
Zoom laser
Medical pack
Teeth Cleaning
No luck today
Don’t miss the opportunity to achieve your dream
You have a chance to win a nice big gift.Are you feeling lucky today? Just fill the required blanks and Give it a spin!
  • The prize expires after six months.
  • Make sure to remember and check the email you inserted, because the lucky winner, be informed via e-mail. 
WhatsApp chat